Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Welcome

Welcome Everyone to Outside in New York.

The philosophy behind this blog is simple: create a community!

Allow a forum for individuals who enjoy participating in different activities, from all different walks of life to share their experiences and knowledge about the myriad of different ways to get outside in New York City... or even different places to go for outdoor activities outside of New York.

I will always try to post about new and exciting events and clubs I hear about, as well and fun and interesting places to go. My hope is that you will also share all your ideas with me and the community at large!

A little about me: I am a born and bred New Yorker, former competitive downhill ski racer, horseback rider, hiker, sailor, avid sports enthusiast, and newly converted distance runner. With a master's in Social Work and a bachelors in English and French, I've always wanted to help build communities and now I hope to start a community around one of my true passions, being outdoors.

So friends, its time to walk away from the key board for a while and get outside in New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment