Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Are You a White Water Rafting Junkie?

Personally, I've only been rafting a few times but I loved it every time. I've been rafting in a few different locations but never within three hours of the City.

I recently learned about Urban Sherpa Travel which leads white water rafting trips to the Lehigh River in the Poconos from New York City. Bonus: they provide everything, "rafting equipment, round trip transportation from NYC in a luxury motor coach, shuttle service to/from the river, pre-trip instruction, a river lunch, free use of all the facilities and changing rooms at the Whitewater Challengers Rafting Center, and, of course, experienced river guides for the trip itself." 

They have certain designated dam release dates, so sign up early, because I am sure all the other junkies out there are signing up now too.

The company also leads rock climbing, skiing/snowboarding and zip line trips from both New York and Boston. Urban Sherpa's white water rating trip was also recently endorsed by EMS and since the individuals who work for EMS generally really know their stuff I would trust that this is a worth while trip.

Have you been on an Urban Sherpa trip before? If so, would you recommend it? Why/why not?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really interesting! thanks for this info. this will help me a lot..gotta check that place.

    ReplyDelete