Thursday, April 1, 2010

Know the Law

I came across a great blog, Recreation Law, which discusses interesting law topics and cases related to outdoor recreation law. James Moss, the author, notes that he isn't trying to educate his audience but does list sources to point you in the right direction if you are curious about your rights and responsibilities.

It's a good read and Mr. Moss does review some pretty interesting cases and issues.

Some of the more interesting posts include So I do not plan to die, but I am stupid so the law says I have to spend $500 so you can find my body..., I could not make my son wear a helmet so I’m going to make you wear one and Letter to the Editor: Wilderness and Environmental Medicine.

Overall, I thoroughly support what James Moss is doing... even though he is not trying to educate the public, I think his blog is very informative. I've learned a lot about the current issues in recreation law and even more importantly, I've learned that there is a lot I don't know. Overall, I always support individuals understanding the law, their rights and their responsibilities so Recreation Law will certainly be added to my weekly reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment