Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Call to Action- Don't Let Our State Parks Close!

As a child I went away to camp in the Adirondacks every summer. While there, I developed a strong appreciation for our national and state parks, they are one of this country's and this state's greatest resources.

Lately, some troubling news has come out of Albany, the State plans to close 41 state parks along with 14 historic sites. Now, any outdoor enthusiast would be troubled by this news, but for me, with so many wonderful memories tied to these plots of precious preserved land, the news is particularly upsetting.

I will be contacting my state representative to urge her to fight to keep the parks open and I encourage you to do the same! To learn how to contact your state representative or to find out who your state representative is you may do so at the NY State Assembly website.

If you would like to read more about the issue, you may do so here:
The New York Times
Business Week
Times Union -lists the parks expected to close

For now, I will leave you with a picture of Adirondack State Park... a type of beauty and unassuming majesty that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment