Thursday, March 4, 2010

Walk the High Line

 
Image courtesy of islandwoo.com 
March has begun and the weather is getting warmer... spring seems to be arriving. This weekend's highs are predicted to be in the upper 40's, so take the opportunity to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Now, I assume most of you have heard about the High Line which runs from Gansevoort Street to 20th Street between 10th and 11th. There are even entry points to the park if you can't manage the stairs. This is a great flat walk with fantastic views of the City, the River and New Jersey.

Sadly they don't allow dogs. There are also no bikes, skateboards or skates allowed.... however, this also makes for a very calm and relaxing promenade. 

For more information check out The High Line's Website.

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of The High Lane!!! It looks so cool. I am definitely going to go next Sunday and take a leisurely walk down it. It's these little things that I need to know about that I love about NYC. I am loving *loving* your site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The High Line is great! It feels so different than any other park. But it's got oh-so-many rules! I wish they installed more benches and places to sit and relax, rather than just stand and walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree JR... there could be more seating and a few less regulations. I think the idea behind the fewer benches than, in say, Riverside Park or the Brooklyn Promenade, is that there is that the High Line was specifically built as an experiment in "urban trails." But it is an interesting point and I will look into why there are fewer benches than on other walkways in the city.

    ReplyDelete