Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cool Tool- Map My Run

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days... a nasty stomach bug took me out.

Before I got my Garmin one of the hardest things for me to do was track the distance of my runs accurately. That is until I stumbled upon this fun tool, Map My Run. It was one of the easiest tools to learn to use. Although it can be slow to load and a little finicky at times, I found those drawbacks to be well worth it as it is FREE and works everywhere that Google Maps works (read: even on trails in Upstate NY or CT).
 Image of a saved run in through Van Courtland Park on Map My Run
It also lists favorite routes of people in your neighborhood and in the city (for an example, see the above image). This is also great if you are a cyclist and looking to measure your distance.

So if you don't have a Garmin, Polar, or iPhone try this tool out and I hope it helps you in your workouts.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Except now thanks to that website I realize my runs are a little (oh, ok, a lot) shorter than I thought they were ;-)

    ReplyDelete