Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Picking a Bike Saddle

I have not had a comfortable ride on a bike since I was 10 years old and my bike was pink with a banana seat and streamers. Yes I adored that bike, she was my baby. Since then I have suffered from the very common numb butt, black and blue marks in places that are truly unmentionable and lots of post ride soreness. To try and remedy the situation I bought a gel bike seat cover which didn't help one little bit ($40 down the drain there). I wore the padded spandex shorts, those just gave me a wedgie (more money thrown away). I figured I was doomed!

So I am sure you can imagine my sheer delight when I came across this article from one of my favorite blogs on how to pick a bike saddle.

If you too have been suffering from... well... how can I put this delicately?... Discomfort... then you will want to check it out!

P.S. When I was checking out the New York State Outdoors Blog I noticed that the NYNJ Trail Conference is looking for people to help clear storm damaged trails. Additionally, if you are out on the trails and  see any problems please remember to report the issue to the NYNJ Trail Conference here or to the State Parks Department. By the way, in general this is always a good practice. We want to keep our trails safe for others and free of debris. Please also always remember to pack out what you packed in and pick up anything someone else may have forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment